Help support the Thebaid Project by having me photograph your Orthodox parish!
This is a unique opportunity for churches, schools and other Orthodox Christian institutions and organizations to help support the Thebaid Project, while in turn receiving professional-quality photographic services.
The name for this option comes from Acts 18:1-3, where we learn that the Apostle Paul worked with Aquila and Priscilla making tents to support themselves in Corinth while building up the church there.
With this option, in addition to delivering my presentation on the Thebaid Project (talk with digital slide show), I would do a photo shoot for the host parish/school/seminary. The images could be of parish life, worship, church school, or of the iconography, church building, and campus, etc.
We typically take up a collection after my presentation. Experience has shown the best time for the full presentation (45 min. to an hour, including Q&A) is on Saturday, before or after Vespers, followed optionally by a brief overview (5-10 min.) during coffee hour on Sunday.
The resulting images from our photo shoot might be ideally used to enhance your parish website, draw attention to your ministries or church school, promote a special event, guest speaker, or milestone in the life of the parish, etc.
Recent parish photo shoots include the new iconography at St Nicholas Church in McKees Rocks PA, the new chapel and worship services at Holy Apostles in Beltsville MD, and the new church building and iconography at St Symeon’s in Birmingham AL.
Advance consultations with each parish would help determine their specific needs, so as to create a work list and schedule to use as a guide for the photography.
In addition to the photo shoot, the host parish and individual contributors will receive our valuable crowdfunding rewards, based on the collection total and individual contributions.
For examples of my photography at the parish level, you are invited to explore the website of my home parish, Christ the Savior-Holy Spirit in Cincinnati, as well as see here and here. References available on request.
Contact me for details, questions and to schedule…
Suggestions for a Successful Thebaid Presentation:
- Post the info on your parish website and Facebook page,
- Invite other Orthodox parishes in your city or region,
- Use our special Thebaid graphics to enhance your web, email and church bulletin announcements promoting the event,
- Invite your local college OCF (Orthodox Christian Fellowship) chapter,
- Reach out to area colleges & universities, invite their philosophy & religion departments to attend,
- Issue a press release, and invite local news outlets to cover the presentation — use the opportunity as a means to invite the public to learn more about Orthodoxy.