Here in this section will be hosted galleries of the photographs created during the North American Thebaid Pilgrimage.
Be assured that the first to benefit from these photographs are the monasteries themselves, as I am providing them with image files for their use on their websites, Facebook pages, and for other purposes. Truly, this is as it should be, that the monasteries should receive the “first fruits” of this endeavor.
As you view these images, we ask that you consider helping to support the Thebaid Project with your contributions and prayers.
most recent at top…
- Holy Trinity Monastery, Jordanville NY (ROCOR, men’s), Nov. 2016.
- Holy Myrrhbearers Monastery, Otego NY (OCA, women’s), Nov. 2016.
- Hermitage of the Holy Cross, Wayne WV (ROCOR, men’s), Oct. 2016.
- Orthodox Monastery of the Transfiguration, Ellwood City PA (OCA, Romanian Archdiocese; women’s), Sept.-Oct. 2016
- St Tikhon of Zadonsk Monastery, South Canaan PA (OCA, men’s), Sept. 2016.
From the Archives:
- St Herman of Alaska Monastery, Platina CA (Serbian, men’s), 2007.
- Skete of the Entrance of the Theotokos, Hayesville OH (GOA, women’s), 2011-2015.
- St Gregory Palamas Monastery, Hayesville OH (GOA, men’s), 2005-2012.
One of the ongoing methods of fundraising for the Thebaid Project is what I call “creative tent-making,” after the example of the Apostle Paul in Acts 18:1-3. In addition to giving a presentation on Orthodox Monasticism and the Thebaid Project, typically with a collection taken to help support the travel and photography, I can also offer my photographic services to parishes. This might include documenting new iconography, a building project, photographing liturgical services and the faithful, with the resulting images enhancing the parish website, and used in other ways.
- Holy Apostles (ROCOR), Beltsville MD (coming soon)
- St Nicholas (OCA), McKees Rocks PA (coming soon)
- Christ the Savior-Holy Spirit (OCA), Cincinnati OH (coming soon)